BetterDoor Site Questions
General Door Questions
Astragals & French Door Solutions
Locks and Hardware
Sills and Sealing Systems
- Weathersealing - Weatherstrips
- Weathersealing - Door Bottoms
- Weathersealing - Corner Pads & Seals
- Traditional Sills
- Z-Series Sill System
- Z-Articulating Cap Sill
- Sill Kits
- Sill Caps
- Lock Systems
- Lock Parts & Accessories
- Lock Handsets
- Ultimate Trilennium Astragal Resources
- Ultimate Multi-Point Astragal Resources
- Ultimate Flip Lever Astragal Resources
- Ultimate Hurricane Astragal Resources
- Ultimate Lite Astragal Resources
- Ultimate Astragal Resources
- General Astragal Resources
How Do I Build a Door Unit?
Looking to build your own door system? Follow our guide to understand the margins and components associated with a full door unit.
With the right tools, a do-it-yourself project is satisfying. In order to do it right, your tools should include the right knowledge as well. Margins factor into the overall width and height of the door system and this must be understood prior to purchasing and modifying components.
Guide can be found here.